Keeping your calendar with you at all times can be essential for work and for your home life. To make sure you always have all your appointments up to date on both your Mac and your iPhone, set up your iTunes and iCloud synchronization to link your devices' calendars together. Any changes made to either calendar are then reflected across all your synced devices.
Syncing Your Calendar Via ITunes
Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone using its USB cable.
Select the iPhone from the "Devices" list in iTunes and open the "Info" tab.
Select "iCal" in the "Sync Calendars With" section and click the "Sync" button. Your iPhone's Calendar syncs with iCal on your Mac.
Syncing Your Calendar Via ICloud
Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the "iCloud" button. Enter your Apple ID and password in the appropriate boxes and tap the "Sign In" button. If you have previously signed in to iCloud, you won't need to sign in again.
Slide the "Calendars" switch to "ON."
Open the "System Preferences" app on your Mac and click the "iCloud" button.
Enter the same Apple ID and password as used on the iPhone and click the "Sign In" button. If you have previously signed in to iCloud on your Mac, you won't need to sign in again.
Check the "Calendars & Reminders" box and click the "OK" button. Your iPhone's Calendar app and iCal on your Mac now sync automatically via your iCloud account whenever a change is made on either device.
- Check the "Sync With This iPhone Over Wi-Fi" box in the iTunes "Summary" tab to allow your iPhone to sync with your Mac whenever it is connected to a power outlet and the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- You can add more devices -- such as other computers or an iPad -- to the same iCloud account and sync your calendars across them all.
- You can sync other data through iCloud as well as calendars, such as email, address books, notes, documents and photos.
- Your iCloud account includes 5GB of free storage, but requires a monthly subscription payment if you need more.
- iPhone USB cable
- Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images